Training Needs Identification and Design – QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Component Award 6N3325 (15 ECTS Credits )
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone interested in training course design, or have completed module 2 Training Delivery and Evaluation – QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Component Award 6N3226 ( 15 ECTS Credits ) and want to get Level 6 Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372) 30 ECTS Credits.
At the end of this module, participants should be able to:
- Explain the background and context of training and development (T & D) and discuss the organisational context of T&D.
- Identify primary contributors to adult learning theory and explain key adult learning approaches and methods.
- Discuss a range of instructional design systems (ISD) approaches and models.
- Explain the Training Needs Analysis (TNA) process, review a range of TNA models and discuss their application in a variety of organisational settings.
- Select a TNA model and implement an effective TNA process that incorporates outputs in terms of priorities and of knowledge, skills and attitudes required.
- Devise training plans based on prioritised training needs, including a cost benefit analysis.
- Explain key issues around the setting of training objectives.
- Set appropriate objectives and design and develop a range of appropriate training interventions.
Programme Assessment Process
Programme assessment is on a continuous basis and will require students to review theoretical concepts surrounding the systematic approach to training and apply these in practical situations. Assessment methods incorporate: assignments; projects; skills demonstrations; and a learner record.
This module is certified through Irish Institute of Training & Development (Registered QQI Centre – Code 38151J) and participants will also receive an IITD Professional Practice Certificate in Training & Development once they have completed QQI (FETAC) Level 6 Training & Development Special Purpose Award (6S3372) 30 ECTS Credits.