This programme is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to work as a front-line representative of any organisation. The Reception skills course gives the candidate an overview of how to effectively operate a reception area to the highest of standards.
- Experience & knowledge to effectively run a reception desk
- Basic Time management and Diary Management skills
- Understand organisational structures and the workplace environment
- Understand the importance of organisational information flow
- Ability to plan and present information in the correct manner and to required
- Improved job prospects
As part of the progression, this component award will link into an elective module for
the full award across a range of FETAC Certificates Business, Retail, Reception, and Administration. This award can access entry into third Level Qualifications.
- Examine the skills, functions and responsibilities of a receptionist or frontline office representative within an organisation
- Outline the products, services, key policies, structures and personnel of an organisation
- Produce reception material to include notices, inventory of equipment, stock requisitions, petty cash system, diary, log book, use initiative around unexpected visitors and maintain composure when dealing with complaints
- Explain a range of telecommunication terms
- Apply a range of communication skills including personal, interpersonal and technological proficiencies using effective tone, pitch, use of voice and body language
- Identify the process for the flow of information to and from an organisation and sources of reference or information within an organisation
Upon successful completion participants will receive a QQI Level 5 Reception and Frontline Office Skills Certificate 5N1407