Building customer relationships and meeting their needs is at the heart of this selling skills course specifically designed for frontline retail sales professionals.
At the core of this training course, participants will learn and practice a proven, step-by-step sales questioning model they can use immediately in any sales situation. This powerful sales questioning technique is all about asking the right questions in the right order. It is designed to increase the likelihood of making a sale by better understanding customer needs while maintaining a great customer experience.
By following this proven questioning model your retail sales professionals will confidently lead their customers successfully through the buying experience.
Introduction : Linking sales and customer service:
- Selling or Serving Icebreaker activity.
- Moments of truth.
- Ethical sales practices.
Step 1: Know your stuff and your customer:
- Know products and services you sell inside out.
- Knowing your market and competition.
- Buyer types we deal with.
- Find out your own personality/buyer type.
Step 2: Create the opportunity:
- Greeting customer properly
- Having a professional introduction
- Discovering customer needs
- OPEN Questioning technique
Step 3: Matching customer needs:
- Features, advantages and benefits
- The right benefit to the right customer
- Identifying customer's decision criteria
Step 4 : Handle objections and close the sale:
- Types of objections
- Handling the most common objection "price"
- Handling objections model
- 9 closing techniques
Step 5 : After sales and follow-up:
- Meet Joe Girard (The world's best retail salesman)
- Best practice post sale follow-up actions
- leaving no stone unturned
- Fun Reverse brainstorming activity wrap up activity
By the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Explain what motivates customers (logical and emotional) to buy or continue to use a product/service.
- Explain four personality styles; identify their own style; and, adapt their style to establish rapport with other personality styles.
- Follow a simple 5-step sales process that will give them the confidence, energy, and focus they need to become successful retail sales professionals.
- Use a powerful sales questioning technique that will enable them to better ask customers around lifestyle needs.
- Overcome common objections and close the sale.
- Make the best out of each interaction with every customer.
- Learn valuable lessons from Joe Gerard, one of the greatest retail salesmen who ever lived.