Consumer Law Ready Training for Retailers & Trainers
Get approved as a Consumer Law Ready Trainer
Fully Funded Training
Next course date: 21st May 2021 from 9am to 5.30pm
Classroom: - Online Training (Required to Attend Class)
- Computer with a camera and microphone
- A quiet space in their home
- A printer for printing module (optional)
About the Programme
Consumer Law Ready is an EU-wide consumer law education programme for SMEs. The Consumer Law Ready programme equips Consumer Experts like you with the knowledge and added skills to train SMEs in all aspects of consumer law. It also equips retailers with the necessary knowledge to ensure they are compliant with consumer law.
Who Should Attend & Why?
Trainers and Traders in Retail can attend this fully funded training course.
Consumer Law is a European project. If you are in retail, online selling, own an online store, thinking of opening an online store or looking to become an approved consumer law trainer. A certificate of competence is presented to Retailers and a certificate of approval is presented to trainers on completion of this course
Take the first step to becoming an approved Trainer
Consumer Law Ready approved Trainers are provided with specialist training and, on certification, are equipped and authorised to provide consumer law training courses for SMEs in their local areas. Applying to become a Consumer Law Ready Trainer has a few requirements: Ideally, applicants are consumer law experts working in the industry, a relevant business organisation or are members of the Consumer Association of Europe. If this describes you then please apply now for this superb opportunity to build your knowledge and increase your network!
Overview Of Project
The project is called Consumer Law Ready The project partners are BEUC the European Consumer Organisation, SMEunited, formally known as UEAPME is the association of crafts and SMEs in Europe, and Eurochambres the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
Consumer Law is in place to protect consumers rights across the European Union.
This project is designed by consumer law legal experts and approved by the European Commission and the European Union.
Consumer law is there for both the consumer and those in retail. The course is highly interactive and is delivered online using Zoom with your tutor present throughout. You will get five modules emailed to you on the course delivery day so as you can familiarise yourself with the key areas that apply to your business.
At the end of this virtual course participants will be able to:
- Outline the key pieces of information required by law that traders must make available to consumers
- Describe how the information can and cannot be presented
- Discuss what the law requires traders to do if a consumer wants to withdraw from the contract and return goods purchased online or at a distance
- Describe the information consumers need to have access to when they want to return goods purchased from the trader online or at a distance
- Outline the exceptions that exist in consumer law regarding the right of withdrawal
- Outline the consequences to the trader if the consumer is not informed of their rights
- Describe consumers rights and guarantees when they do business with a trader, in the shop, online or at a distance
- Discuss the difference between a legal guarantee and a warranty (guarantee) and how consumers need to be informed of their rights
- Outline the consequences to the trader if the consumer is not informed of the legal guarantee
- Discuss what unfair commercial practices and unfair contract terms are and the consequences that apply by law
- Outline what ADR and ODR mean and how they can be of benefit to traders and consumers if a dispute cannot be resolved
What is Covered in the Course?
- Pre-contractual requirements,
- Consumer right of withdrawal
- Consumer rights and guarantees in case of non-conforming products
- Alternative dispute resolutions and online dispute resolution,
- Unfair commercial practices and unfair contract terms.
Complete the assessment that has been designed by the project partners. You can then download a certificate in Consumer Law, accredited by the European Commission. The assessment is online. Approved trainers will also receive a certificate of approval.
Next Course Date
21st May 2021 from 9am to 5pm
Approved Lead Trainer Ireland
Charlie Mernagh is National Lead Trainer for the Irish Consumer Law Ready project.