Consumer Law Training for European SMEs
Due to the current crisis this programme will now be delivered in a virtual classroom and participants will need:
- Computer with camera and microphone
- A quiet space in their home
- A printer for printing coursework
All of the classes will be via a Virtual Classroom. (This is widely used by schools/colleges/Universities) for each days training.
Overview Of Project
The project is called Consumer Law Ready The project partners are BEUC the European Consumer Organisation, SMEunited, formally known as UEAPME is the association of crafts and SMEs in Europe, and Eurochambres the Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
Consumer Law is in place to protect consumers rights across the European Union.
This project is designed by consumer law legal experts and approved by the European Commission and the European Union.
This course is highly interactive and is delivered through our virtual classroom using five modules which will be emailed to you a week before the course delivery so as you can familiarise yourself with the key areas that apply to your business.
At the end of this virtual course participants will be able to:
- Outline the key pieces of information required by law that traders must make available to consumers
- Describe how the information can and cannot be presented
- Discuss what the law requires traders to do if a consumer wants to withdraw from the contract and return goods purchased online or at a distance
- Describe the information consumers need to have access to when they want to return goods purchased from the trader online or at a distance
- Outline the exceptions that exist in consumer law regarding the right of withdrawl
- Outline the consequences to the trader if the consumer is not informed of their rights
- Describe consumers rights and guarantees when they do business with a trader, in the shop, online or at a distance
- Discuss the difference between a legal guarantee and a warrenty (guarantee) and how consumers need to be informed of their rights
- Outline the consequences to the trader if the consumer is not informed of the legal guarentee
- Discuss what unfair commercial practices and unfair contract terms are and the consequences that apply by law
- Outline what ADR and ODR mean and how they can be of benefit to traders and consumers if a dispute cannot be resolved
Who Should Attend?
If you are a startup, micro, small or medium-sized business, or you are an advisor to SMEs, then this course is for you?
What is Covered in the Course?
- Pre-contractual requirements,
- Consumer right of withdrawal
- Consumer rights and guarantees in case of non-conforming products
- Alternative dispute resolutions and online dispute resolution,
- Unfair commercial practices and unfair contract terms.
The participants can log online once the course is finished and successfully completing an assessment will get a recognized certificate of competence.
All participants will also get access to two online courses which are relevant to anyone in retail
Out of the four choices below learners will be asked to select two
- Customer Service - Duration 75 minutes - Link to free trial
- Introducing GDPR - Duration 60 minutes - Link to free trial
- Sales Skills - Duration 120 minutes - Link to free trial
- Developing Good Employee Relations - Duration 45 minutes - Link to free trial
Our RoSPA, IATP, CPD, IIRSM & IFE approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
What Do You Get?
You will get a certificate in Consumer Law, accredited by the European Commission. Link to Sample Certificate
Approved Local Trainer
Charlie Mernagh is approved to deliver consumer law ready project.