This course has been developed and designed to equip you with the required skills and knowledge to interact and work with others as part of a team working environment. It is designed to encourage participants to identify their skills and aptitudes and value their personal experiences and contributions within the interaction and team working process.
At the end of this course participants will be able:
- To understand and appreciate the role of team working within a diverse range of structures (formal or informal, professional or community structures and organisations)
- To analyse and be able to articulately explain the roles, responsibilities of team members, leaders, coaches and trainers within a team working environment
- To be able to define the characteristics and skills of effective teams
- To understand different types of teams, how teams are best constructed and the stages in development
- To participate and engage in team working objectives, implementation of tasks, understanding of process to include setting objectives, defining process, envisaging evaluation, monitoring processes as well as feedback, and performance management
- To demonstrate an understanding of a number of teamwork activities including negotiation, decision making, problem solving and finding solutions, effective communication strategies and conflict resolution
- To develop a range of skills effective in teamworking including leadership, communication skills, decision making and negation skills, feedback to team, monitoring and control of team task and process
- To articulate and monitor personal strengths and weaknesses as a team member including personal and interpersonal attributes, decision making problem solving etc.