Business related courses such as Reception and Front Line office training are essential. This course for business will focus on skills such as answering the phone professionally, managing inbound and outbound post aswell as courier deliveries.The key knowledge and skills required to work as a front-line representative of any organisation are covered on this course. .
- Experience & knowledge to effectively run a reception desk
- Organisational and Diary Management skills
- Knowing organisational structures and the preparation of your workplace environment
- Photocopying, scanning and sending professional emails
- Ability to plan and present information in the correct manner and to required standards such as signing visitors in and out
- Improved job prospects
As part of the progression, this component award will link into an elective module for the full award across a range of QQI/FETAC Certificates Business, Retail, Reception, and Administration. This award can access entry into third Level Qualifications.
- Examine the skills, functions and responsibilities of a receptionist or frontline office representative within an organisation
- Outline the products, services, key policies, structures and personnel of an organisation
- Produce reception material to include notices, inventory of equipment, stock requisitions, petty cash system, diary, log book, use initiative around unexpected visitors and maintain composure when dealing with complaints
- Explain a range of telecommunication terms
- Apply a range of communication skills including personal, interpersonal and technological proficiencies using effective tone, pitch, use of voice and body language
- Identify the process for the flow of information to and from an organisation and sources of reference or information within an organisation
Upon successful completion participants will receive a QQI Level 5 Reception and Frontline Office Skills Certificate 5N1407