Steps in Conducting a Kaizen Event
Once you successfully implement a well executed kaizen event you can make substantial improvements, typical Kaizen events can generate in excess of 30% improvements in areas like efficiency, quality and delivery performance.
What steps should you take in impleminting Kaizen events?
- Appoint a champion, preferably someone that is fully empowered, and responsible for the entire event from start to finish
- Have a checklist and ensure you communicate Kaizen events with everyone involved
- Gain commitment and understanding from management. Failure to get their buy in will lead to poor results that are almost certain to slip back
- Ensure that everyone participates and contributes as fully as possible throughout the event
Pre-Event training, the team will need to be trained in identifying and reducing the seven wastes of lean
- A good tip would be to take photographs and videos as the event unfolds and for the end result, have a story board showing before and after results is a great way to train and get the but in of teams for new events
- Have a Reward and Recognition program for the entire team as this will keep the team focused
- Have monthly follow-up meetings with your Kaizen team in order to improve teamwork and communication
- Lean Six Sigma
- 0 comments